This week we get an extreme (cloud) makeover, update our reports on MNI and 4G/LTEI, stick up for the little guy, spot an untapped growth opportunity for Iranian operators and wonder aloud why SuperCDNs haven't gotten traction. It's all this week in Research Rewind.
- Heavy Reading has three upcoming research reports you should know about. The first research report, coming out today, is "The Cloud Platform Makeover: Buy It, Don't Build It." This report looks at telco requirements for a service provider cloud platform and how vendors are meeting those needs. Read all the Heavy Reading reports here.
- Heavy Reading is also launching their second MNI report of the year next Tuesday, and coming next Thursday is Heavy Reading's second 4G/LTEI report of the year. Read all the Heavy Reading reports here.
- Stay tuned in the coming weeks for Pyramid Research Country Intelligence Reports (CIRs) that provide trusted five-year telecom market forecasts on Brazil, Argentina, Russia, Canada, Algeria and more. You can see all our published CIRs for over 60 markets here.
- Score one for the little guy? Read Pyramid Analyst Emily Smith's blog post, "Cricket Chirping: Winners in AT&T/T-Mobile Deal."
- And what about growth opportunities for Iranian operators? Read Pyramid Senior Analyst Hussam Barhoush's blog post, "Iran Market Players Need More Farsi Content"
- Why haven't service providers created a new and better content delivery network model? In a Heavy Reading note -- "What's Holding Back the SuperCDNs?" -- Heavy Reading Senior Analyst Aditya Kishore explains.
— Matt Donnelly, Managing Editor, Pyramid Research