I know, it's shocking, isn't it? You'd think they'd all be straight shooters, but some of them just say whatever they think you want to hear.
Here are some howlers I've been told at this year's show:
1) "[Name withheld] is really excited to talk to you."
2) "[Name withheld] is great on camera!" Or, for online news: "[Name withheld] is really engaging and interesting."
3) "Of course, the coffee's fresh at our booth."
1) "I just mailed your T-shirt today. You'll have it in a week."
2) "Oh, no. It's fine. The coffee's fine."
3) "I will definitely come by the booth. I'm on my way right now."
— Phil Harvey, News Editor, Light Reading