LR Names Leading Lights Finalists
Light Reading has determined the finalists for the fourth annual Leading Lights Awards, which recognize top public and private companies and their executives for their outstanding achievements in the next-gen communications.
The Leading Lights Award winners will be announced before an audience of service providers, analysts, and technology and business press at an exclusive, invitation-only gala dinner on Monday, October 15, following the first day of Light Reading's Ethernet Expo. (For more info, go here.)
The finalists were determined -- and the winners will be judged -- by a panel of Light Reading editors and Heavy Reading analysts. We combed through every single one of the lovingly submitted contest entries and brought our own ideas to the table to continue our tradition of having one of the more interesting awards programs in the technology industry.
Here are all the categories of awards, followed by a list of finalists in each category:
Public Companies Best Investment Potential (Long-Term): Awarded to the company that represents the best long-term potential return on investment by virtue of solid management, product development, and market growth potential.
- Arris Group Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS)
- Ciena Corp. (NYSE: CIEN)
- KPN Telecom NV (NYSE: KPN)
- Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (MTS) (NYSE: MBT)
- Neustar Inc. (NYSE: NSR)
- Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) iPhone
- BigBand Networks Inc. (Nasdaq: BBND) Broadband Edge QAM 6000
- Corning Inc. (NYSE: GLW) ClearCurve Optical Fiber
- Fujitsu Network Communications Inc. Flashwave 9500 Packet Optical Networking Platform
- Soapstone Networks Inc. (Nasdaq: SOAP) Provider Network Controller
- KT Corp. Wireless Broadband (WiBro)
- Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) Look Back
- T-Mobile (UK) HotSpot @Home
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) Virtual Private LAN Service
- XO Communications Inc. High-speed dedicated Internet access using Ethernet-over-copper technology
- ADC (Nasdaq: ADCT)
- Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL)
- Cisco Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CSCO)
- Fujitsu Network Communications Inc.
- Nortel Networks Ltd.
- BT Group plc (NYSE: BT; London: BTA)
- Ericsson AB (Nasdaq: ERIC)
- Oracle Corp. (Nasdaq: ORCL)
- Reliance Communications Ltd. (RCom)
- Vodafone Group plc (NYSE: VOD)
Top IPO or M&A Candidate: Awarded to the private company that most clearly has the management, products, and financial stability to launch a successful IPO or be acquired on its own terms within the next 12 months.
- AppTrigger Inc. Application Session Controller
- ip.access Ltd. Oyster 3G
- Mavenir Systems Inc. mOne Convergence Gateway
- RAD Data Communications Ltd. RAD LA-130 Gateway
- XKL LLC Optical Transport System
- BitGravity Inc. BitGravity Smart CDN
- Blyk Blyk MVNO
- decentral.tv kyte
- Joost Internet TV service
- VUDU Inc. VUDU
Light Reading's Person of the Year: The Finalists.) So who won? Hmmmm?
Again, all will be revealed on Monday, October 15, following the first day of Light Reading's Ethernet Expo. (For more info, go here.)
— The Staff, Light Reading