Slideshow: Light Reading's Big Communications Event Rocks Austin!
AUSTIN, Texas -- The elite of the industry descended on Texas's state capital recently for the premier communications provider confab of the year, Light Reading's Big Communications Event.
The conference this month provided an opportunity for industry leaders to connect with their peers. We also delivered panels and presentations about the top business and technology issues transforming the industry.
This was our third year in Austin, which is a great city. It's always a happy occasion to set foot on the ground there, and a little bit sad to leave.
Here's some of what we saw:
During and after the conference, we wrote a ton of articles about the issues discussed there. We also wrote up the prestigious Leading Lights Awards and Light Reading Hall of Fame. As a matter of fact, we've got a whole page of show coverage. Here are a few highlights:
- CenturyLink's Feger: Automation Sets You Free
- Has Intent-Based Networking Moved Beyond Marketing Buzzword Purgatory?
- Time for an Edge Computing Reckoning
- The Light Reading Hall of Fame: The 2018 Inductees
- WiC Panel: There's No Shame in Self-Promotion
- BCE Panel: Open Source Makes Telcos 'Nimble'
- Leading Lights 2018: The Winners
And for those of you who prefer video:
— Mitch Wagner Executive Editor, Light Reading