- Cellular networks are well-suited to offer the connectivity for a range of different M2M applications, and operators are increasing their focus on the M2M space, particularly in mature, saturated markets. Read more in the new Pyramid Research Thematic Report, "The Machine-to-Machine Market: A High-Growth Opportunity for MNOs."
- The latest Heavy Reading Insider, "DPI Appliance Vendors Face an Off-the-Shelf Challenge," notes that DPI is starting to be embedded and looks at the implications are for the vendors of DPI solutions – including specialist vendors and the major NEPs.
- According to the new Heavy Reading survey of U.S. consumers, OTT video has become a mainstream activity. What comes next? Read why this growth is a concern for service providers in the new Heavy Lifting Analyst Note, "HR Survey: OTT Experience Could Drive ISP Choice."
- Mobile broadband and pay-TV services are powering Turkey's telecom turnaround. Read more in the new Pyramid Point blog post, "Turkey Is Headed Over-the-Top."
- Telecom Argentina and Telefonica are taking the fight to Netflix. Read more in the new Pyramid Point blog post, "Argentine Telcos Battle Netflix With VoD Offers."
- Looking for your daily telecom news fix? You can get Matt's Mentions, a free, daily telecom newsletter, sent straight to your inbox by registering at Pyramid Research or updating your profile here. Or click here for a sample. Also, the most-clicked links on Matt's Mentions are collected every Monday in something we call Honorable Mentions.
- Looking for the latest in telecom news, tweets and retweets? Follow me on Twitter @PyramidMatt or at Storify here.
That's Research Rewind for this week. Until next Friday, we'll see you online at Pyramid Research and Heavy Reading. May the telecom be with you!
— Matt Donnelly, Managing Editor, Pyramid Research