LOS ANGELES -- OFC 2015 -- OFC, or the Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition to give it its expanded name, is the annual get-together of the optical networking sector, with about 12,000 or so warm bodies descending on what was a very warm location this year -- downtown LA.
There were lots of interesting companies with chips, modules, components and systems developed for data centers and communications networks at the event, while there were hundreds of technical presentations in multiple conference streams.
Here's a taste of the topics that were being discussed at the event:
- OFC: Huawei Eyes Transport SDN Deals
- OFC Snapshot: Emcore
- Facebook Wants to See Optical Sector M&A
- Cisco Scores 'Shocking' 100G Metro Deal at Verizon
- Data Center Interconnect to Star at OFC 2015
- Infinera Asks: Hungry for a Slice of Photonics?
- OFC: Calient Unveils Interconnect Orchestration Software
- OFC: PMC Sierra Unveils OTN Fronthaul Solution
- OFC: MACOM & Kaiam Demo 400G
- Sedona Boasts Multilayer Network Orchestrator
- VeEX Adds Optical Testing to Its RXT Platform
- OFC: JDSU Shows ROADM Blade, Transceivers
It's not the most pictorial of events, though. So while I had my camera, it wasn't used much. Here are the pictures that give you a sense of how lovely the weather was outside and how you couldn't tell how lovely it was outside when peering at a display of lasers on the show floor. Click on the picture below to start the short slide show.
— Ray Le Maistre, , Editor-in-Chief, Light Reading