FlexTCA 3.0 features a number of exciting new options, including combined AC/DC 2-slot chassis and AC/DC 6-slot chassis that empower customers to hold a single chassis configuration in stock for each size, rather than two chassis per size, and then fit AC or DC power entry modules depending on operator need. Such deployment flexibility reduces inventory costs and reduces lead times dramatically, making customers more cost-competitive.
Additional improvements to FlexTCA 3.0 Wireless and DPI platforms include:
- Enhanced Essential Services software for powerful diagnostic and remote management capabilities
- Layer 2 High Availability (L2HA) software yielding low latency, greatly reduced network overhead and decreased convergence time
- Tight integration of the latest release of GoAhead SAFfire high availability and management middleware (v3.0)
- Integrated Layer 4 Load Balancing functions to direct sessions / flows across multiple switch, packet and compute blades
- FlexCompute™ ATCA-XE60 single board computer with dual Intel® Xeon® 5500 series processors (both ATCA and high power options) supporting 8 cores / 16 threads (doubling previous generation performance) and support for over 1 terabyte of storage
Continuous Computing Corp.