The Philter Index, for Monday, November 14, 2005:
- Number of NFL touchdown passes thrown so far this year by Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner: 2
- Number of NFL touchdown passes thrown so far this year by Light Reading News Editor Phil Harvey: 0 (I'm only 2 behind you, Kurt!)
- Percentage of Persian Gulf War veterans who are women: 16
- Aggregate amount of money received annually by the 2.6 million veterans receiving compensation for service-connected disabilities: $22.4 billion
- Size of the video game industry in 2003, according to PriceWaterhouseCoopers: $22 billion
- Actual sentence that appeared in a November 7 Telephony Online article about new routers from Juniper Networks: “ 'The customer gets the quality of service that they would expect,' said Tom DiMicelli, product marketing manager for our E-series products."
- One highly unlikely explanation for an attribution gaffe like the one above: Juniper Networks actually acquired Telephony Online and has quietly remade the publication its marketing arm.
- Percentage of the population in Arkansas that have telephones: 87.4
- Amount of money the average U.S. household spent on telephone service in 1982: $375
- Amount of money the average U.S. household spent on telephone service in 2003: $956
— Phil Harvey, Fackts Editor, Light Reading