Vodafone, which has about 382 million customers around the world, reported revenues for the three months to the end of June of £11.6 billion (US$18.9 billion). Shareholders were happy enough, with Vodafone's stock up 1.5 percent to 163.7 pence.
But while there were no big surprises, its interim report contained a few nuggets of interesting data. Here are the highlights we picked out:
Other Vodafone news of interest includes:
- Vodafone UK 'Hacked via Femto'
- Vodafone Sets Up Stall in Android Market
- Euronews: Vodafone Takes Control in India
- Euronews: Ericsson Buys, Vodafone Sells
- Vodafone Deepens Ties With Verizon
- Vodafone Seeks New Tech Strategy Guru
- Vodafone Sells SFR Stake for $11B