Dish has made the unsolicited bid of $3.30 a share for the outstanding shares in Clearwire on Tuesday evening. In December, Sprint made a bid of $2.97 to get control of the 49 percent of the company that it doesn't already own. The Dish bid comes with a number of conditions:
- Dish must get 25 percent or more or the outstanding shares as part of the transaction
- Dish gets to nominate board members
- Dish will pay $2.2 billion for about 24 percent of Clearwire's spectrum in the U.S.
- Clearwire would work with Dish to build and run a commercial network
- Dish wants Clearwire to terminate its financing agreement with Sprint