- Venture capitalists and other investors bet big on digital media in May, when digital media companies received $349 million in funding, with more money going to advertising than anything else. Here's hoping it's not a bubble.
- One advertising-focused company receiving funding is Jivox, which offers a platform for working with ads in online videos. The company specifically targets SMBs, enabling them to create, manage, and place ads in online video.
- Americans watched less TV in April than they did in March, according to comScore. Four percent less, to be precise. But try not to worry too much, because the results were measured in comparison to March, when online viewership went up 13 percent sequentially.
- ImageSpan, which tracks and manages royalty settlements, has received investment from Bertelsmann. Attacking the monetization strategy from another angle, the company hopes to solve the problem of "revenue leakage around content."
- With the introduction of the new iPhone, buyers of the (much more expensive) first version may need some consoling.
— The Staff, Contentinople