27% of streaming video services are shared among households – study
News Wire Feed Light Reading 3/20/2023
DURHAM, N.H. – March 20, 2023 – New consumer research from Leichtman Research Group, Inc. (LRG) found that 86% of U.S. households have at least one streaming video service from fifteen top subscription video on-Demand and direct-to-consumer (DTC) services, and 50% of households have four or more DTC streaming video services.
However, not all DTC services are paid for directly by those who use them. The study found that:
- 68% of all DTC services are fully paid for and are not shared with others outside the household
- 27% of all DTC services are used in more than one household:
- 13% of DTC services are used and paid for by those that also share them with someone outside the household
- 12% of DTC services are used in one household but are borrowed from another household that is paying for the service
- 2% of DTC services are used by multiple households that share costs
- 5% of DTC services are not paid for because they come with another service
These findings are based on an online survey of 3,501 households from throughout the United States and are part of a new LRG study, Internet-Delivered TV Services 2023. This is LRG's sixth annual study focused on the vMVPD category, along with other DTC streaming video services.
Read the full announcement here.
sponsor supplied content Educational Resources Archive
UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS
June 6-8, 2023, Digital Symposium
June 21, 2023, Digital Symposium
December 6-7, 2023, New York City
May 30, 2023 Maximizing the Potential of 5G with Active Assurance
June 14, 2023 How do We Capture the 6G Experience?
June 14, 2023 The Power of Wholesale Order Automation: How New Advancements in Intercarrier Commerce Can Transform Your Business.
June 20, 2023 5G standalone for breakout growth and efficiency
June 21, 2023 Cable Next-Gen Europe Digital Symposium
June 22, 2023 Next-Gen PON Digital SymposiumWebinar Archive
PARTNER PERSPECTIVES - content from our sponsors
Is The Traditional PayTV Provider Being Squeezed Out? By Terry Doyle for Enghouse Networks
Huawei Unveils the F5G Premium All-Optical Network, Enabling ISPs to Stride into the High-Growth Era By HuaweiAll Partner Perspectives