Viavi, Trilithic Cover Cable DAA Testing With XPERTrak
As bandwidth demand continues to increase worldwide, cable MSOs have started upgrading their networks to DOCSIS 3.1, increasing node splits and planning for Distributed Access Architectures (DAA) such as Remote PHY — changes which will create a whole new set of test and measurement challenges. VIAVI’s portfolio of fully featured field testers, lab systems and assurance solutions is now bolstered by Trilithic’s range of technician-friendly installation and troubleshooting instruments and leakage systems. The combination creates more scale to address markets globally, offering solutions in the headend/hub, network operating center and field, for in-house workforces and contractors.
Featured Solutions at Cable-Tec Expo
VIAVI and Trilithic will be demonstrating innovations in test and measurement for service providers and contractors, including:
– Quick, full scan with QuickCheck Expert
– Test cable lengths and find home network components with HomeTDR
– Troubleshoot home WiFi networks with WiFi Advisor Smart Channel Wizard
– Characterize local coax networks to 1,600 MHz with SmartID
– VIAVI’s CWDM OTDR and DWDM OTDR modules enable technicians to efficiently install and maintain DWDM links using existing instruments.
– Updated Fiber to the Home (FTTH) solutions for all phases of the PON lifecycle such as SmartOTDR and FTTH-SLM.
– The industry’s broadest portfolio of multifiber test tools, including SmartClass Fiber MPOLx (MPO optical loss testing), FiberChek Sidewinder (MPO inspection) and the MPO Optical Switch Module (MPO OTDR certifying) for the T-BERD/ MTS-4000 platform.