Vertical Sees Ethernet Migration

Migration from legacy services will comprise 82% of the installed base of US Ethernet service ports in 2004, says Vertical Systems Group

October 6, 2003

1 Min Read

DEDHAM, Mass. -- Vertical Systems Group estimates that customer migration from legacy network services will comprise 82% of the installed base of U.S. Ethernet service ports in 2004. The remaining 18% of ports will be implemented for new or "Greenfield" applications. Projection figures are based on commercially available Ethernet services sold to enterprise customers.

Quantification of the U.S. Ethernet Services market is available in Vertical's comprehensive web-based ENS (Emerging Networks Service) 2003, which features detailed annual statistics for all broadband data services from 2001 through 2007. Ethernet coverage includes U.S. port and revenue projections for Metro and Long Haul services, pricing, U.S. port share and information on Ethernet service and equipment vendors. Applications include Metro & Long Haul Private Line, Ethernet-based Internet Access and Metro LAN services.

ENS 2003 market statistics are based on Vertical's unique network-by-network database, which integrates cross-elastic relationships among legacy services and emerging technologies. Proprietary migration models employ extensive primary research data on enterprise network plans, in addition to vendor-supplied and macro economic information. For more information, see or contact ENS Sales at 781.329.0900 x225.

Vertical Systems Group ( is recognized worldwide as a leading market research and strategic consulting firm specializing in defensible quantification of the networking industry.

Vertical Systems Group

Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes it's completely free.

You May Also Like