Handset Vendors Battle for Limelight
Grabbing as much limelight as possible before Apple unveils its latest device -- expected to be the iPhone 6 -- a number of handset vendors have been unveiling a range of new devices in North America and Europe this week.
Motorola Mobility reminded everyone that it still has its own R&D operations as new owner Lenovo is set to take over soon with the unveiling of four new devices. (See Motorola Mobility Revives Its Gadget Mojo and Pics: Motorola's New Gadgets.)
And at the IFA electronics show in Berlin a number of vendors, including Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. , High Tech Computer Corp. (HTC) (Taiwan: 2498), Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT), Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Korea: SEC) and ZTE Corp. (Shenzhen: 000063; Hong Kong: 0763), have all launched new devices.
- ZTE targets Germany with mass-market smartphone trio
HTC confirms 64-bit smartphone: Desire 820
- Huawei targets Samsung with new phablet
- Microsoft updates Lumia line with "affordable flagship" and selfie smartphones
- Sony unveils Z3 and siblings
- Samsung confirms Note 4; Note Edge ups curve screen stakes
- Asus joins smartwatch set
— Ray Le Maistre, , Editor-in-Chief, Light Reading