Arista delivered bad news to investors this week, the OpenStack Foundation turned to Ghostbusters for inspiration, while Mirantis went all Clockwork Orange, Plus more recent telco cloud headlines.
Arista stock was up 50% for the year, but it took a dive after the earnings report, according to MarketWatch, which points a finger at Microsoft as the cloud titan that put a hold on spending. On the other hand, Jefferies analyst George Notter says "by process of elimination" the culprit is Facebook.
Juniper also pointed to cloud titans hitting the pause button as a contributor to its financial troubles for at least two quarters.
Tumblr isn't just for porn; it's home to nifty blogs such as "Reasons My Son is Crying," "this blog about appalling rooms-for-rent ads in expensive cities like New York," science fiction writer/journalist/digital rights activist Cory Doctorow, actor Wil Wheaton, this guy Tom who posts a lot of great retro midcentury pop culture images and GIFs and me.
- India's Vodafone Idea Taps IBM & Ericsson for Cloud
- Alphabet Reports Cloud Expansion, but Slowing Ad Growth Stalls Shares
- AT&T Flies 'Airship' to 5G Cloud
- VMware Takes IoT Management to the Cloud
- Leading Lights 2019 Finalists: Most Innovative Business Cloud Service
- Is Huawei's Cloud Goal a Case of Castles in the Air?
— Mitch Wagner Executive Editor, Light Reading