What's the Story? AT&T from the edge to the cloud10/24/2022
Light Reading's Phil Harvey discusses his recent tour of AT&T's central office. Phil also examines AT&T's edge strategy, public cloud partnership with Microsoft and provides an update on AT&T's FirstNet emergency response service.
You can download a lightly edited transcript of the podcast here.
Here are a few topics we covered:
- Overview of Phil's tour of AT&T's central office. (01:00)
- An inside look at AT&T's 5G and fiber focus. (02:42)
- AT&T's approach to the public cloud. (06:32)
- Why utilizing the public cloud could be more cost-efficient for service providers. (10:52)
- Update on FirstNet emergency response service. (13:05)
Related stories and links:
- An inside look at AT&T's 5G and fiber focus
- What's behind AT&T's midband momentum?
- AT&T's fiber sub base surpasses its 'non-fiber' base
- AT&T quietly cuts another 2,500 jobs
— Kelsey Kusterer Ziser, Senior Editor, Light Reading
(Editor's note: In response to this podcast, a Verizon spokesman emailed Light Reading to say that "Verizon Frontline and our Verizon Frontline Crisis Response Team … does not receive any public funding." – PH, 10/25.)