TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in connectivity, today announced that it will showcase a broad range of innovative, digital distributed small cell systems and fibre connectivity solutions in booth 6B52 at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain on March 2-5. The TE booth will feature both a general viewing area and an innovation centre for customers, press and analysts.
In the general booth viewing area, TE will display:
- A passive optical network (PON) integrated with TE’s FlexWave Prism digital distributed small cell product to illustrate the efficiencies in wireline and wireless integration to save costs, speed deployment, or introduce new lines of business
- A carrier baseband unit (BBU) integrated into a TE distributed small cell system via the CPRI interface, which eliminates racks of radio-frequency (RF) and attenuation panels in a head-end deployment, slashing head-end space, power and costs
- FlexWave Prism high-power DAS, capable of supporting up to eight frequency bands or 300 MHz of spectrum, for multi-operator service in buildings in locations challenged with signal dominance, or in buildings upgrading passive systems for 3G and 4G services
In the booth’s innovation centre, TE will showcase forward-looking technologies and products including:
- A demonstration of a new and highly cost-effective distributed small cell solution for small/medium-sized buildings;
- TE’s Active Integration Panel (AIP) which streamlines head-end connectivity and enables remote network monitoring, with TDD-LTE compatibility;
- A new Power over Ethernet (PoE) extender solution for TE’s powered fibre cable system, which extends the reach of PoE to 3000 meters; and
- TE’s Quareo physical layer management system, which provides real-time documentation and visibility into the physical network.
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL)