So what are pseudowires all about? Are they really:
- A true end-to-end solution for operators?
- A key solution for convergence, beyond Layer 2 services?
- Transforming the access network by tightly integrating it with the core?
- Providing a platform for new services (such as Virtual Private LAN Service), and not just for the transport of legacy services?
- Metro Ethernet over MPLS
- Multiservice access
- MSO commercial services
- Multiservice backhaul
- Mobile applications
- FTTP backhaul
- Pseudowire Basics
Anything-over-packets means real convergence
- Pseudowire Evolution
It's more and more deployable
- Pseudowire Applications I
Lots and lots of useful apps...
- Pseudowire Applications II
...and not just for plain vanilla carriers
This report was previewed in a Webinar moderated by Scott Clavenna, Chief Analyst, Heavy Reading. Sponsored by Axerra Networks Inc., Mangrove Systems Inc., and Overture Networks Inc., it may be viewed free of charge in our Webinar archives by clicking here.
Background Reading on Light Reading
- Column: Supercomm Review
- News Wire Feed: Patapsco Offers ISDN Over IP Tunneling
- Column: How Far Can MPLS Go?
- Column: How About a Dry Martini?