Five notable individuals from, or related to, the communications sector have been inducted into the Light Reading Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame recognizes those individuals, both the famous and the infamous, who have made a notable contribution to the global telecom sector. Among those inducted in previous years are Steve Jobs, Bob Metcalfe, Martin Cooper, Irwin Jacobs, John Cioffi, and Bernie Ebbers. (Guess which one of those was chosen for being infamous...)
So, who made it this year?
- Martin Casado, VMware Inc. (NYSE: VMW)
- John D'Ambrosia, Dell Technologies (Nasdaq: DELL)
- Philip Falcone, LightSquared
- Edward Snowden (whistleblower)
- Niklas Zennström, founder of Skype and Atomico
— Ray Le Maistre, Editor-in-Chief, Light Reading