This week in our WiCipedia roundup: The New York Times creates a new diversity position; Instagram's COO advises 'get your foot in the door'; sexism scandals rile Hollywood and Sacramento; and more.
- If you are asked to be on a panel/team and see that it's all men, say something. Maybe even refuse the spot!
- Don't call women "crazy" in a professional setting.
- Involve women in your creative projects, then let them have equal part in them.
- Pay women as much as you pay men.
- Don't talk over women.
- Don't get defensive when you get called out.
— Eryn Leavens, Special Features & Copy Editor, Light Reading