The taxonomy splits the telecom software market into 13 categories:
- Billing Systems
- Revenue Assurance & Fraud Management
- Mediation Systems
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Element Management Systems
- Resource/Inventory Management
- Service Assurance – Fault Management
- Service Assurance – Performance Monitoring
- Service Assurance – Service Management
- Service Assurance – Test & Measurement
- Service Fulfillment – Activation
- Service Fulfillment – Provisioning
In that survey, service providers from all over the world will be asked which companies they recognize as players within the specified market categories, and also which vendors they believe are the market leaders in terms of: price; technology leadership; product quality and reliability; and service and support.
To find out about the report that followed last year's initial taxonomy, check out these articles: Heavy Reading Takes on OSS, Report: OSS Brands Lack Impact, and The OSS Identity Crisis.
If you know of a company that should be included in the taxonomy, or can identify a company that should or should not be included within certain categories, then let us know. You can do that by adding to the message board at the foot of the taxonomy's introduction page, or by sending email to [email protected].
— Ray Le Maistre, International News Editor, Light Reading