- Yahoo has chosen Carol Bartz to take over from Jerry Yang as CEO. Bartz, the former CEO of Autodesk, has managed some very high-caliber companies. But will someone from the CAD (computer-aided design) industry be a good fit for Yahoo?
- Adobe Flash Media Server 3.5 and Flash Interactive Server 3.5 are finally generally available -- which could help Adobe keep its place as market leader in rich media.
- Four major marketing and advertising associations are getting together to come up with a set of standards for behavioral advertising -- before Congress does it for them.
- Brightcove CEO Jeremy Allaire says he expects the company to become profitable this year, despite the conservative economic outlook.
- San Francisco-based advertising network BrightRoll launched its BrightRoll Broadcast product today.
— The Staff, Contentinople