Huawei claims Motorola's products include Huawei IP incorporated while Motorola and Huawei were mobile product development partners.
Why this matters
NSN is close to completing the acquisition of Motorola assets that will bolster its market share in North America and broaden its wireless product portfolio. If the acquisition is completed, it will make NSN a much stronger rival in the global marketplace, where Huawei is one of its fiercest competitors.
Those who've followed this space for a while might see some irony here. Years ago, Huawei was on the wrong end of a couple of intellectual property flaps...
- Cisco Drops Huawei Suit
- Huawei Admits Copying
- Huawei Fires Supercomm Snooper
- Will Spying Charges Hurt Huawei?
- Huawei in Spying Flap
- NSN's Moto Asset Buy Delayed
- Might NSN Choke on Its Moto Morsel?
- NSN & Moto: It's All in the Execution
- Will Moto-NSN Deal Reopen the Set-Top Doors?
- Moto Hangs On to $400M iDEN Biz
- NSN Expands in North America With Moto Buyout