Having spent what amounts to the past two years of my work life developing content for Virtuapedia and Testapedia, it seems only natural to examine some of the more fascinating ways in which said content merges. Thus, I'm excited to announce an upcoming Heavy Reading report: "How Virtualization Is Impacting the Test & Measurement Landscape." If you're interested in being a part of the report, read on.
The foundation for the report is based on one of the most unique and vital aspects of the Pedias: the Taxonomy. Remember having to memorize those dreadfully boring scientific classification systems in middle and high school? Those, too, are taxonomies. But a Pedia Taxonomy is neither dreadful nor boring. It brilliantly breaks down the various categories and subcategories of technology for each Pedia to make it easily searchable and navigable.
For this report, I'm utilizing several parts of the Testapedia Taxonomy, specifically:
- NFV Assurance
- SDN Assurance
- Virtual Customer Premise Equipment (vCPE)
- Virtual DPI (vDPI)
- Virtual Load Balancer
- Virtual Network Functions (VNF)
- Virtual Probe (vProbe)
- Virtual Systems (Software)
- Virtual Test Agent (vTA)
I'll be gathering company names to contact for the report directly from those taxonomy elements. If your company or product isn't listed in one of those categories, now is your chance to rectify that situation. Simply visit the Get Listed tab on Testapedia and take a few minutes to complete the Excel spreadsheet and email it to the link found on the page. A couple of great benefits to doing so include:
- Your company and products are then listed on the industry's most comprehensive resource related to T&M, with more than 750 companies and 850 products and services.
- Your company and products will be featured on the homepage of Testapedia for free -- a terrific advertising opportunity at no cost to you.
- You can list as many products and services as you like on the site for free. There's simply no better way to get the word out about your company and its products.
If you're already listed in Testapedia, but your company or products aren't linked to one of the categories mentioned above, simply go to the Get Listed tab, download and complete the form and email it to the link found on the page. Your changes will be made within a few hours.
Finally, if you and others within your company aren't already registered on Testapedia, now is the perfect time to register. Doing so builds your company's profile on the Pedia; provides your company and its employees with a free listing on the homepage of the premiere source of test and measurement information; and provides you with access to executive summaries of Heavy Reading's research, including this upcoming report. To take advantage, go to the Register Now tab.
— Denise Culver, Director of Online Research, Heavy Reading