SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Avi Networks, a leader in next generation application delivery and services, today announced the launch of an integrated solution with Mesosphere to help enterprises build and deploy microservices applications at scale using Docker Containers. Unlike monolithic applications for which static, appliance based load balancers were sufficient, dynamic microservices architectures require complete application services that match their agility.
The Avi Vantage Platform works with the Mesosphere Datacenter Operating System (DCOS) and Docker containers to provide a dynamic service fabric for micro-segmentation, service discovery, graphical application maps, load balancing, and autoscaling capabilities deployed across thousands of DCOS nodes. The solution also provides end-to-end visibility and application performance monitoring based on which it autoscales application instances predictively to adjust for real-time traffic patterns.
Avi Vantage and Mesosphere DCOS deliver the following key capabilities:
- Full integration with the Mesosphere DCOS for automated, policy-driven deployments of apps and services
- Comprehensive security services including micro-segmentation, DDoS protection, SSL, and web application security
- Software load balancer with support for East-West traffic and automated configuration updates
- Visibility to inter-service relationships with graphical application maps and application performance analytics
- Predictive autoscaling of applications based on real time performance metrics
In conjunction with the launch, Avi Networks is also announcing free development and test licenses of its products that application developers can download along with complete documentation and a knowledge base.