MegaPath Launches Managed UC Services
Pleasanton, Calif. – MegaPath Corporation, a provider of managed voice, data, security, and cloud services in North America, today announced the launch of its Unified Communications service, integrating its IP voice telephony capabilities with enhanced collaboration features, such as screen sharing, presence, instant messaging, SMS text messaging, and video conferencing.
Unified Communications is available as an add-on to MegaPath’s Hosted Voice service. The combined solution includes telephony capabilities with over 50 calling and mobility features, such as voicemail transcribed as email, call recording, and conferencing, as well as the following Unified Communications capabilities:
- Presence – Users can see the availability of their colleagues within the MegaPath softphone client to aid in successful and swift communications. Employees can also set their presence status so their contacts know how and when to reach them, and establish unique presence status privacy rules for individual contacts.
- Instant Messaging – Users can send and receive instant messages to their corporate contacts and colleagues as one-on-one or group conversations, avoiding phone tag and lengthy delays on email responses.
- Video Calling – With face-to-face conversations, users can see real-time reactions of colleagues, prospects, and customers, resulting in more personalized conversations and better meeting engagement.
- Screen Sharing – Users can invite up to 100 colleagues to view their desktop screen without requiring attendees to install a client. Employees initiate the screen share and text or IM the meeting link from within the same program. Attendees simply click a link to join.
- SMS Text Messaging – Users can text their contacts using their Business VoIP phone number instead of their personal cell numbers from within the UC client across their devices. Additionally, employees can leverage free WiFi to chat with colleagues and customers in real-time without incurring the traditional fees for similar services from a wireless provider.