Enterasys Launches SDN Plan
SALEM, N.H. -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, introduced its ground-breaking software defined networking (SDN) solution that has integration with a community of partners to provide predefined and customer-defined applications. This industry-first solution focuses on new services innovation and agility through an open API and unique flow-based ASICarchitecture which accelerates application integration for the entire network. With the launch of OneFabric Connect SDN, Enterasys is also unveiling Connect Central, a developer community that allows access to a portal to develop and program on the openAPI. Key Facts
- Enterasys has continued momentum from the February launch of OneFabric Connect, a first-of-its-kind offering that enables integration of third-party applications into theOneFabric Control Center for dramatically improved enterprise mobility, zero-effort onboarding and BYOD support. Given the high industry demand, the solution is now enhanced to offer SDN to deliver the highest level of third-party integration.
- Enterasys has already integrated several partners into its OneFabric Connect CentralSDN ecosystem, including not only data center solutions but also applications at the network edge and access, such as MDM, web filtering and Unified Communications.
- OneFabric Connect SDN focuses on the northbound API that creates an open infrastructure to enable rapid integration with third-party vendors.
- The Enterasys flow-based CoreFlow2 ASIC switching solution enables the highest quality user experience because of Enterasys’ ability to provide deeper visibility and control, at scale.
- Centralized management and policy across the whole network fabric for any device, user and application provides exceptional operational efficiency and simplicity.
- Programmable interfaces to automate and orchestrate network fabric configuration.
- App deployment options increase flexibility with a feature-rich API with over 100 function calls, customer-defined integration service and predefined integration.
- Regardless of devices, location or time Enterasys ensures users a consistent and high quality experience.