Extreme Networks Launches SDN Architecture
LAS VEGAS -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR), today at Interop Las Vegas (booth #1351) announced a software-defined architecture for the Experience Economy, delivering simple, fast and smart network solutions extending from the mobile campus to the data center.
The new solution, demonstrated on the Interop show floor, is comprised of unified software and high performance hardware offerings. Software includes centralized management, application analytics, and SDN. Extreme Networks has also unveiled new high performance mobile solutions featuring wireless 802.11ac, and new BlackDiamondģ X8 100GbE IO modules for the data center.
In today's Experience Economy, with a rapidly changing mobile and social world, people demand the very best experience. They form lasting impressions based on their expectations that applications simply work, allowing them to connect, communicate and share Ė quickly and reliably. Extreme Networks supplies a simple, fast and smart software-defined architecture that enables the IT organization to meet user needs and expectations.
Extreme Networks brings together software and hardware products that deliver simple, fast and smart network solutions. New products include:
- One tool with one database providing automated provisioning leading to rapid problem identification and resolution across the entire network
- Gathers application intelligence at Layer 7 directly from the network enabling rapid decisions for better business outcomes
- Open, standards-based architecture combines automated network and application provisioning and orchestration through open integration with northbound and southbound services, including predefined support for several new 3rd party products
- 100G wire speed with 20Tbs of non-blocking throughput on a 4 port blade for reduced TCO
- Distance support from 100m to 10Km utilizing SR10 and LR4 CFP2 optical transceiver technology with future 40km support when ER4 optics become available.
- 1.75Gbps total throughput with automatic configuration and RF optimization for seamless support in high-density environments.
Extreme Networks Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR)