Adaptif Intros Polarization Synthesizer
HAMBURG, Germany -- Adaptif Photonics GmbH (www.adaptif.de) has announced the release of the A3300 Polarization Synthesizer. The A3300 provides comprehensive polarization control and measurement capabilities in the microsecond range. The unique capabilities enable researchers and engineers to control, stabilize and measure polarization of optical signals across the entire range from 1.26mm to 1.64mm. It delivers these important functions:
· As an SOP Switch the A3300 cycles through a sequence of States of Polarization (SOPs) with a speed exceeding 40 KHz, which corresponds to a cycle time of less than 25 microseconds. The sequence of SOPs can be defined by the user using Stokes coefficients.
· As a Polarization Stabilizer the A3300 provides a stable output State of Polarization (SOP) even with high speed fluctuations and drifts of the input SOP.
· As a Synchronous Scrambler the A3300 switches the SOP of the output signal in a pseudo-random pattern with a cycling speed of up to 100 KSOPs / second. During every switching operation it provides an electrical (TTL) trigger signal which allows synchronization of external processes. Alternatively, an electrical trigger input can be used to synchronize the scrambler with external events.
· As a traditional Scrambler the A3300 varies the output SOP in a random way. Full coverage of the Poincaré Sphere is achieved within few ms.
· As a Polarization Analyzer the A3300 provides truly high-speed capabilities: More than 500,000 samples can be taken with a sample rate of up to 1 Mega-sample per second.
The A3300 is available with immediate effect, it will be demonstrated at OFC 2005 by Adaptif Photonics in booth #2912.
Adaptif Photonics GmbH