This week we look at smartphone operating systems, 10GPON components, service broker technology, "coopetition" among European operators, network upgrades in Morocco, a Ukrainian mobile operator up for sale, and much more. It's all in this week's edition of Research Rewind.
- What's a service broker? It has nothing to do with stocks and bonds. Heavy Reading's newest Service Provider IT Insider, "What's Next for the Service Broker?," answers that question and shows why "the service broker is the right technology appearing at the right time and place in the network." For a preview, see the Heavy Reading Analyst Note, "The Service Broker Shows Great Potential."
- The new Heavy Reading Components Insider,"10G PON Components: Ready for Deployment," analyzes recent PON chip and optical module developments covering 10GEPON, XGPON, EPON, GPON and wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) PON solutions. For a preview of the report, see the Heavy Reading Analyst Note, "10Gig PONs Take On the World."
- Android or iOs? Windows Phone or Symbian? In Pyramid Research's extensive new Research Report, "Smartphone Operating Systems: Ecosystem analysis and trends shaping the future of the global smartphone market," we examine the future of the major smartphone operating systems and discuss which ones might be winners -- or losers -- over the next five years.
- On a different note, Pyramid Research's latest Europe Telecom Insider, "Coopetition Replaces Competition as Telcos Aim to Cut Costs and Grow Revenue Streams," shows how operators in Europe are working together for the benefit of all. We also offer some recommendations of other partnerships that might make sense.
- As for Pyramid's Country Intelligence Reports, Pyramid has released five-year telecom forecasts for three markets: Morocco, Ukraine and the Netherlands. You can download free excerpts of all 60 CIRs (one for each country we cover) here.
- Last but not least, Pyramid has just updated some of its most popular quarterly telecom forecasts in areas such as Mobile Data, Mobile Demand and Fixed Operator Market Share. Visit our Forecast Services page to download free samples of all our forecasts.
That's Research Rewind for this week. Until next Friday, we'll see you online at Pyramid Research and Heavy Reading. May the telecom be with you!
— Matt Donnelly, Managing Editor, Pyramid Research