- P2P-based CDN GridNetworks Inc. announced new features for its GridCasting video-delivery platform.
- Does anyone else think the possible Yahoo Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) deals are over-hyped? We’ve seen this before when Time Warner Inc. (NYSE: TWX) purchased AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL), and we've got five reasons why Yahoo's deal -- whoever the lucky winner may be -- would be no different.
- Starz Entertainment LLC unveils its new broadband-fueled programming service, Starz Play, and expects to launch with a "large number" of customers this year.
- Facebook just hit the 70 million user mark. Could it surpass MySpace 's claim of 110 million users this year?
- Aditya Kishore reports on video content's move beyond computers, cellphones, and gaming consoles to wireline phones. Unfortunately, no matter which one you watch Real Desperate Housewives of New York City on, it still sucks.
- In the PR madness leading up to next week's NAB show in Vegas,
Akamai Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq: AKAM),
Level 3 Communications Inc. (NYSE: LVLT),
Limelight Networks Inc. (Nasdaq: LLNW), and
Internap Network Services Corp. (Nasdaq: INAP) announce deals.