What's the Story? Roku, TiVo trade punches over smart TVs2/23/2023
Jeff Baumgartner joins the podcast to discuss Roku and Xperi/TiVo's recent earnings results and where they stand in the smart TV market. We also discuss some rivalries emerging among the smart TV players.
For an unedited transcript, please click the caption button in the video toolbar.
Here are a few topics we covered:
- TiVo to enter European smart TV market (00:51)
- TiVo's evolution from DVR to smart TVs (04:26)
- Roku's decision to design and build its own smart TVs could put it in competition with its TV OEM (original equipment manufacturing) partners (07:41)
Related stories and links:
- TiVo's OS footprint to reach 7M-plus TVs within three years, CEO says
- New smart TV platform players face a rough road, Roku CEO says
- Roku starts to design and make its own smart TVs
— Kelsey Kusterer Ziser, Senior Editor, Light Reading