74% of US Homes Subscribe to Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu – Study
DURHAM, N.H. -- New consumer research from Leichtman Research Group, Inc. (LRG) finds that 74% of all U.S. households have a subscription video on-Demand (SVOD) service from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu -- up from 64% in 2017, and 52% in 2015.
Among those that have an SVOD service, 69% have more than one of these services -- up from 51% in 2017, and 38% in 2015. Overall, 51% of U.S. households now have more than one SVOD service, an increase from 33% in 2017, and 20% in 2015.
These findings are based on a survey of 1,116 households nationwide and are part of a new LRG study, Emerging Video Services 2019. This is LRG's thirteenth annual study on this topic.
Other related findings include:
- 64% of all adults stream an SVOD service at least monthly, and 41% stream more than one SVOD service at least monthly
- 33% of adults stream an SVOD service daily -- compared to 29% in 2017, and 16% in 2015
- 51% of ages 18-34 stream an SVOD service daily -- compared to 34% of ages 35-54, and 15% of ages 55+
- 27% with Netflix agree that their subscription is shared with others outside their household -- compared to 19% with Hulu, and 10% with Amazon Prime
- 51% of adults watch video on non-TV devices (including mobile phones, home computers, tablets, and eReaders) daily --up from 43% in 2017, and 31% in 2014