And with that, I steal from the Philter, to bring you the Vegas Index:
- Price of a Grey Goose martini in the Four Seasons hotel: $18
- Amount of time it takes to drop $100 playing blackjack, $15 minimum, Mandalay Bay: 9 minutes.
- L.V. odds of UConn winning NCAA Championship: 5-2
- Odds of USTA President Walter McCormick having a drink with a Light Reading editor: 2,459 to 1.
- Odds of Walter McCormick laughing at a joke in Light Reading: 34,798 to 1.
- Odds of bumping into Calix Inc. (NYSE: CALX) CEO Carl Russo on the show floor and having him say, "That's gonna be a real shitfight": 3-2.
- Price of the Kobe Beef burger at Burger Bar: $16
- Number of WiFi access points at TelecomNEXT that you can actually rely on to file a mission-critical blog: 0.