Multiple vendors and industry organizations at Mobile World Congress this week focused on 5G buildout but also stressed the importance of backhaul for their plans. Light Reading covered a number of these initiatives, including:
- Adtran Mobilizes Software Defined Access
- Small Cell Forum Helps Mobile Industry Deliver Practical and Profitable 5G
- ZTE Showcases 5G & Cloud Network Innovations for Digital Transformation
- Let's Get 5G Up & Running
- DT Plots 5G Across Entire Footprint
As that growth continues, the need for test and measurement of backhaul systems is imperative.
Already, there are a number of companies and products featured in Testapedia, with a few standouts like:
- TX130M+ from VeEX is a backhaul test solution with a multifunctional installation and maintenance tool that supports DSn/PDH, Metro Ethernet and synchronized packet networks.
- Performance Monitoring for Mobile Networks from RAD provides monitoring and troubleshooting of backhaul performance and service activation tests.
- Anritsu's Spectrum Analyzer/Signal Analyzer MS2840A, with an upper measurement frequency limit of 44.5 GHz, supports measurements for microwave wireless backhaul and other applications, like VHF/UHF and private mobile radio (PMR).
More than 700 companies and products are now listed in Testapedia, making it the telecom industry’s most comprehensive resource for all things related to testing and measurement. Some 2,300 test and measurement professionals also are now registered with Testapedia, giving them access not only to vendor and product information but also to the latest industry news and research from Heavy Reading.
To get your company listed in Testapedia, go to the Get Listed tab on the site. To join the growing ranks of the virtualization community and get access to executive summaries of Heavy Reading’s research, go to the Register Now tab.
— Denise Culver, Director of Online Research, Heavy Reading