“This year’s TelcoTV Vision awards amply demonstrate that creativity and innovation are still driving the service provider video market,” said Joe Braue, Senior Vice President and Group Director for Light Reading, which produces the TelcoTV conference and exhibition. “Our knowledgeable judging panel of service providers, journalists, and analysts has indicated that these winners are the most important video products for carriers to check out and evaluate in the coming year.”
The other winners by category were:
- Innovation in Broadband Access Networks: Zeugma Systems SmartBoost
Zeugma’s SmartBoost enables communications service providers to allow their subscribers the ability to instantly self-provision temporary bandwidth increases for computers, TVs, and smart phones.
- Innovation in Conditional Access: Nagravision NAGRA Media ACCESS ELK conditional access system
The NAGRA Media ACCESS ELK conditional access system (Embedded Link CAS) is a security platform designed to protect live video content over “always on” managed IP networks.
- Innovation in Customer Premises Equipment: Ericsson Connected Home Gateway
The Ericsson Connected Home Gateway provides a secure connection between consumers' digital home networks and the telecommunications network, and a single point of entry for IPTV and communication services, such as multimedia telephony.
- Innovation in Encoding: RGB Networks Video Multiprocessing Gateway
RGB’s Video Multiprocessing Gateway (VMG) combines multiple video processing functions with the ability to process more than 1,000 video streams simultaneously.
- Innovation in Middleware: Nokia Siemens Networks Interactivity Markup Language (IML) Framework
The IML framework is an open platform comprising an XML toolbox for applications development, a rendering engine in the NSN IPTV middleware client running on the set-top box, and enhanced metadata and interactivity billing support.
- Innovation in Test & Measurement: Signals Sentry
Sentry is a comprehensive, real‐time digital content monitoring solution that gives video service providers visibility into network anomalies at the IP and MPEG layers to quickly identify and repair errors that degrade video/audio quality.