Sprint says that it will double spending on its Network Vision in the second quarter. The company spent US$315 million on the upgrades in the first quarter and $250 million on increasing data capacity for both the upgrades and its legacy network.
The company's older wireless broadband WiMax network, meanwhile, will become available to customers on the operator's Boost and Virgin brands.
"I am pleased to announce that 4G WiMax is coming to both Virgin Mobile & Boost," said Sprint CEO Dan Hesse on the operator's earnings call, promising more details later.
Check out the rest of Sprint's news below:
- Sprint, DirecTV Try to Stop Wireless Spectrum Review
- Sprint CEO 'Doesn't Know' Timing of 4G iPhone
- Sprint Losses Mount on 4G Upgrades & iPhones
- Sprint's Optimized Mobile Video Strategy
- Sprint Responds to NY Attorney General Lawsuit
— Dan Jones, Site Editor, Light Reading Mobile