REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.
To help increase telecommunications service innovation while growing revenue and reducing costs, PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Telkom) has upgraded its service delivery platform (SDP) by implementing new releases of the Oracle Communications Service Delivery Platform product family. The improved platform will help the communications service provider (CSP) dramatically reduce the cost and time it takes to develop new mobile, broadband, and network applications and take its innovations to market.
- Today, Oracle announced that Telkom—the largest telecommunications and network service provider in Indonesia—deployed new releases of Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper and Oracle Communications Converged Application Server, which are part of the Oracle Communications Service Delivery Platform product family. The company originally purchased these products during Oracle’s fiscal 2013 Q4.
- The solutions will enable Telkom to develop and deploy new next-generation telco and life-style services more quickly, enhancing the customer experience.
- Telkom will leverage the Oracle solutions to implement a new range of products and services such as SMS push alerts, content downloads via the cloud, and mobile payments.
- Telkom can launch these new features and extensions to its existing internet protocol (IP)-based communication services quickly and cost-effectively by utilizing the capabilities of the Oracle Communications Converged Application Server.
- With Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper, Telkom can also more easily create unique content and user experiences; the solution helps manage and control third-party network access and usage,
- Oracle Communications Consulting worked in conjunction with a Telkom subsidiary to implement the Oracle solutions. The CSP selected Oracle Communications Consulting based on its successful past implementations of the Oracle Communications Service Delivery Platform.
Oracle Corp. (Nasdaq: ORCL)