The money was spent in the name of improving security at the nation's airports:
- $526.95 for one phone call from the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago to Iowa City.
- $1,180 for 20 gallons of Starbucks Coffee -- $3.69 a cup -- at the Santa Clara Marriott in California.
- $1,540 to rent 14 extension cords at $5 each per day for three weeks at the Wyndham Peaks Resort and Golden Door Spa in Telluride, Colo.
- $8,100 for elevator operators at the Marriott Marquis in Manhattan.
- $5.4 million claimed for nine months' salary for the chief executive of an "event logistics" firm that received a contract before it was incorporated and went out of business after the contract ended.
— Larry, Attack Monkey, Light Reading