7:15 PM -- Reading this story, I started wondering: When's the last time I actually put a set-top box on top of my TV set?

For me, it's been about five years, since I started the use of flatter TVs and less traditional entertainment cabinets.

Now that set-tops do so much more than just switch channels, don't you think we should call them something else? What would you recommend?

— Phil Harvey, Managing Editor, Light Reading

Jeff Baumgartner 12/5/2012 | 3:29:29 PM
re: Set-Top I'll have to noodle that one. In the meantime, I'll put in one that should be stricken from consideration: Interactive Digital Cable Products (IDCPs). Doesn't exactly roll off the toungue, plus it's got "cable" in there and the telcoTV lot might want something more "agnostic."

gbmorrison 12/5/2012 | 3:29:28 PM
re: Set-Top Software Challenged Channel-Changing Delay Generators
Pete Baldwin 12/5/2012 | 3:29:25 PM
re: Set-Top I like it. That one's got my vote.
opticalwatcher 12/5/2012 | 3:29:24 PM
re: Set-Top Media Center
Sign In