The service targets the DMS-10 and DMS-100 families of switches (originally manufactured by Nortel Networks and acquired by Genband) and the 5ESS Class 5 switches (made by Western Electric, which became part of Alcatel-Lucent). .
Metaswitch’s service for these switches will include 24-hour-a-day, 365-days-a-year “Level 3” support to assist service provider network operation center (NOC) employees managing day-to-day operations. In addition, Metaswitch will bring its customary high standards of care to this new service offering. The service includes: .
- Fault isolation of hardware- and software-related issues
- Switch recovery, including database recovery
- Support for hardware and software upgrades
- Advanced switch configuration support
- Advanced translations support
“As our industry transitions toward cloud-based, software-centric network solutions, it is important for Metaswitch to assist our customers with that transition in every way possible,” says Stuart Warwick, senior vice president of support, Metaswitch Networks.