Also in today's roundup: Telefónica Digital invests in e-health services startup; parent Telefónica preps mass LTE roaming service at MWC; Astellia buys Ingenia; and Jolla gets ready to take Sailfish global.
More than three quarters of respondents (78%) stated that it is "hard to trust companies when it comes to the way they use consumer personal data," while the same percentage believe "service providers hold too much information about consumer behavior and preferences." The research also showed that consumer trust levels with such organizations are in decline. The study showed the following results:
Which organizations do you trust less/more than a year ago?
- Financial institutions: 31% of respondents trust less than a year ago / 21% trust more
- Device manufacturers: 19% less / 18% more
- Mobile operators: 26% less / 16% more
- Internet service providers: 26% less / 16% more
- App developers: 26% less / 13% more
- Social networks: 46% less / 12% more
Who do you trust to use/protect personal data?
- Financial institutions: 51%
- Mobile operators: 41%
- Device manufacturers: 41%
- Internet service providers: 41%
- App developers: 24%
- Social networks: 20%
— Ray Le Maistre, Editor-in-Chief, Light Reading