MONROE, La. – CenturyLink, Inc. today announced it has enhanced its Managed Security Services Suite with the addition of five integrated security monitoring and analysis services that help organizations improve their security posture and respond more effectively to cyber-attacks. The suite is available immediately in the U.S., either as a stand-alone service or as an add-on for customers buying hosting, networking and colocation services.
The new services will be delivered over a CenturyLink-built security platform that leverages both traditional security information and event management (SIEM) technologies and customized tools to provide an extended set of analysis and response capabilities. The fully managed platform is designed to be the backbone for an organization’s current and future security services, as it offers a holistic approach for protecting networks, as well as preventing, mitigating and responding to attacks. Using the platform’s web-based security portal, customers and CenturyLink security experts can access real-time data to quickly analyze and act on security incidents in their critical environments.
The platform features the following integrated services:
- Security Log Monitoring – A comprehensive log correlation and monitoring service ingests event data from a multitude of servers and is backed 24X7 by GAIC-certified security analysts.
- Trending & Data Analysis – A data analysis engine adds deep historical insights to any log data and enables comprehensive reporting, helping teams understand their evolving threat landscape.
- Incident Management and Response Service – An overlay expert response team is available 24x7 to vet incidents and respond quickly to possible attacks.
- Managed Protection Services – An automated device monitoring and management service provides deep insights from next-generation firewall services.
- Vulnerability & Risk Monitoring – A proactive scanning service discovers and prioritizes possible threats, and eradicates them before impact.
In addition, the suite delivers an analytics platform and intuitive customer portal, which gives customers the ability to analyze data, report on potential threats and garner real-time insight into security events. Users can quickly leverage the portal’s many features, including at-a-glance threat profiles, tracking, ticket creation and resolution reporting. Included as well is a flexible security information and event management (SIEM) back-end, which can accept client-specific asset and vulnerability data from literally any location or alternative SIEM and provide insights on real-time threat activity. This allows organizations to reap the benefits of their past cybersecurity investments when migrating to CenturyLink’s security platform.
Finally, the suite has more effective compliance capabilities, through a combination of human-powered and automated resources and tools that address the need for proactive log correlation and analysis, incident-response and continuous monitoring, to meet a wide range of compliance standards.
CenturyLink Inc. (NYSE: CTL)