- Heavy Reading's new Mobile Networks Insider, "Manufacturers Show Increased Interest in RFID-M2M Systems," examines RFID and M2M technology in the manufacturing sector and the expected trends over the next 24 months, focusing on opportunities for service providers. Read more in the companion Heavy Lifting blog post.
- Pyramid published two new Country Intelligence Reports this week -- "Spain: Network Rollouts Will Drive Opportunities in Broadband and Mobile Data," and " Turkey: Regulatory Changes Lay Groundwork for Growth in Mobile Broadband and Pay-TV." These are five-year telecom forecasts, and you can get free excerpts by clicking on the respective links.
- What are the telecom equipment opportunities in India? Heavy Reading Senior Analyst Sterling Perrin has the first part of the answer in his new blog entry, "Assessing the India Telecom Equipment Opportunity: Part 1."
- "US Tops Global LTE Smartphone Market," a new Pyramid Point blog post from Pyramid Research Analyst Emily Smith, discusses why the U.S. will account for 71 percent of global LTE handset sales in 2011.
- Looking for your daily telecom news fix? You can get Matt's Mentions, a free, daily telecom newsletter, sent straight to your inbox by registering at Pyramid Research or updating your profile here. Or click here for a sample. Also, the most-clicked links on Matt's Mentions are collected every Monday in something we call Honorable Mentions.
- Looking for the latest in telecom news, tweets and retweets? Follow me on Twitter @PyramidMatt or at Storify here.
That's Research Rewind for this week. Until next Friday, we'll see you online at Pyramid Research and Heavy Reading. May the telecom be with you!
— Matt Donnelly, Managing Editor, Pyramid Research