- Blip.tv will add its programming to the ActiveVideo Distribution Network, which streams both traditional TV and Web-based content to digital set-top boxes and consumer electronics devices connected to the Web.
- Sling Media is developing a new version of its SlingPlayer that will enable iPhone users to watch programming from their homes on their iPhones.
Adobe has announced partnerships with Broadcom and Sigma Designs to embed its Flash Lite technology on their chips. Just a day ago, Adobe had announced a similar partnership with Intel.
- ffwd introduced an application programming interface (API) to help deliver its video-recommendation engine to Web-enabled video devices.
- Ascent Media has partnered with Akamai and Sofatronic to create a platform for the production, hosting, and distribution of Internet-enabled Blu-ray features.
- Whei-Meng Wong, an admitted former spam hoster, is now running Aflexi, a company that sells software designed to enable Web hosting companies and regional ISPs to get into the content delivery business.
— The Staff, Contentinople