Comptel Lands NBN OSS Deal

Australia’s NBN Co selects Comptel for catalog-driven service fulfillment for IP services

April 5, 2011

1 Min Read

HELSINKI -- Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V), the leading vendor of dynamic Operations Support System (OSS) software, today announced a new, multi-year contract with Australia’s NBN Co to supply Comptel Fulfillment. The solution will support the delivery of IP services on the ground-breaking broadband network NBN Co are currently deploying.

NBN Co Limited is tasked and funded by the Australian Government to design, build and operate a next generation National Broadband Network (NBN) that will connect 93% of all Australian premises with fibre based services, and the remaining 7% with next generation wireless and satellite technologies. NBN Co will use Comptel’s catalog-driven fulfillment solution, including logical and service inventory and service lifecycle management, to ensure wholesale services are delivered fast and efficiently on the network to the retail channels.

Key Facts:

  • For Comptel, this is a major agreement with a new customer. NBN Co will eventually provide nationwide services to be accessible at approximately 10 million premises in Australia.

  • Comptel was selected after a comprehensive evaluation of all the solutions on the market.

  • The delivery will be done in collaboration with Comptel partner Alcatel-Lucent.

  • This NBN network project is a multi-billion dollar investment, and will be Australia’s single largest building infrastructure project in the nation’s history.

    Comptel Corp. (Nasdaq, Helsinki: CTL1V)

Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes it's completely free.

You May Also Like