Operators Cheer Rise of Mobile Social Networks in LatAm
This week in Research Rewind, we focus on mobile social networks in Latin America; LTE baseband, RF and application processors; Huawei's vision for network traffic; and why Google wants to reach into your wallet.
- Mobile social networks are spreading like wildfire in Latin America, and operators are fanning the flames. Why? Read more in the new Pyramid Research Latin America Insider report, "Mobile Social Networks Set to Experience Rapid Growth as Mobile Penetration Rates Rise."
- The latest Heavy Reading Report, "LTE Baseband, RF & Application Processors: A Heavy Reading Competitive Analysis," analyzes the products and strategies of 30 leading vendors in this rapidly growing market, including more than 70 baseband, RF and application processors from these companies.
- What is Huawei doing to help operators improve network capacity and meet the challenges of advancing in a mobile industry where traffic is now measured in gigabytes? Get the answer in the new Heavy Lifting Analyst Note, "Huawei's 'Giga World' Vision."
- With Google Wallet, is the search giant trying to catch lightning in a bottle? Read more in the new Pyramid Point blog post, "Google Wants to Be in Your Wallet Too."
- Looking for your daily telecom news fix? You can get Matt's Mentions, a free, daily telecom newsletter, sent straight to your inbox by registering at Pyramid Research or updating your profile here. Or click here for a sample. Also, the most-clicked links on Matt's Mentions are collected every Monday in something we call Honorable Mentions.
- Looking for the latest in telecom news, tweets and retweets? Follow me on Twitter @PyramidMatt or at Storify here.
— Matt Donnelly, Managing Editor, Pyramid Research