- Onstream, a Webcasting and Web conferencing company, acquired Narrowstep as part of its strategy to enter the Internet video market.
- Heavy Reading analyst Aditya Kishore addresses the elephant in the room by asking who will pay for bandwidth: service providers or online companies? The two industry segments need to come to an agreement.
- The U.S. leads the world in terms of unique IP addresses, according to Akamai's first quarterly "State of the Internet" report. The report also said global Internet traffic built up more than 5 percent from the previous quarter.
- Glam Media signed a deal with Brightcove on Thursday to drive ad revenue to its female-centric sites.
- Also, in content delivery network (CDN) news this week:
- – Borders is ditching Amazon and setting up a newly relaunched Borders.com with Akamai.
– Velocix signed on to deliver CDN services to Spain's No. 1 TV network.
– IVNet can't stop raving about its live video streaming solution.
— The Staff, Contentinople