Mystery Powder Harms 10 at Cellphone Co.
Reuters reports that 10 employees of PureTalk USA in Atlanta were sent to the hospital on Friday after gas and powder were released from a package containing two phone batteries.
The toxic material was released when the cellphone company employees opened a package containing two batteries fused together, causing irritation to the skin and eyes of workers. "You just got punked," was written on one of the batteries, according to police.
Everyone was treated and released.
An isolated incident, we hope -- nonetheless, it is worth keeping a watch on the news about this.
— Dan Jones, Site Editor, Light Reading Mobile